6.30.2015

Adventures in Kyoto (pt.2...3....4...10..)

'Kyoto day 11' reads the title of my last iPhoto import. I'm not sure exactly what I was expecting upon my arrival just over a week ago, but I can say that I've had a great time here. Our activities ranging from shopping and taking purikura to pulling weeds in the countryside, there has been no shortage of memories and feelings. Of course, there's been some minor complications too (see: navigating the city with limited Japanese ability, drying our laundry in the rain, the constant and overwhelming fear of being attacked by mosquitos) — but (forgive my cheesiness) at the end of the day, we were always laughing and that's what counts :~)

Below: a day-by-day account of our adventures here! (Apologies in advance — this post is really long.)

150622


Got to try on some kimonos and learn Japanese classical dance! 



Full gourmet meal 

150623




Visited the deer park in Nara (obviously he loves me)


Nicole under attack!!


Got to meet up with a friend who used to go to my school! If you're reading this April I miss you loads!! 

<33
We are immature and thought this was funny.. 

The best!! Had some communication problems at the restaurant tho and they're probably gonna remember us forever :~) 

150624
Of course I ended up wearing this on the hottest day of our time here...
Convenience store goods for lunch! 


Nicole on the go :^)
A typical treat for hot summers - ice cream-rice cracker sandwiches! 

150625


We visited a Buddhist temple and did Zen meditation!


Melonpan~

One of my new fave shirts?? Literally all the shirts I'm buying are BTS references..

Went to a cat cafe!

150626
Lunch: the product of a group cooking class!

Higashiyama-ku!


If you look closely you can see the arms of an advancing Nicole..



150627

Making mini gardens

For the sake of my dignity I'm not saying which one is mine..

Chef Nicole prepping soba :^)

Limited edition photo of me flyin'
I'm also gonna spare you the photos of us pulling weeds..
Convenience store travel aesthetic

150628

Our day off! On our way to grab a late breakfast/brunch :~)
I still can't believe this exists..

Shirt 4 me
Had to stand like this to maintain a PG photo

I really wanted one of these..
Snack break!
Moomin cookies??! 






150529

The famous Fushiminari shrine!



Woes of a person who packed and bought too much






Happy cause we bought ice cream :~)
Me consuming aforementioned ice cream (it was good! 10/10 would recommend to a friend :^))

150630

Japanese confectionery making! I doubt I have to state which ones are the teacher's and which ones are mine.. 

BtoB back again B^)


...and that's what we did! I'll be back with another post with a hopefully much more aesthetic and entertaining video log on our time in Kyoto.
:-) 诗雅

No comments:

Post a Comment