6.21.2015

Adventures in Kyoto (pt.1)

Yesterday I landed in Japan; I've spent all but two days in Kyoto and already I've come to fall in love with this city, in all its peaceful nuances. Of course, there's the frequent bouts of unanticipated rain and a certain anxiousness that comes with exploring an unknown city without parental supervision, and I'm sure I'll be feeling homesick about Beijing soon.. not that the weather's any more pleasant over there (I much prefer this cool atmosphere to Beijing's stiflingly hot and dry one). 

Another thing I feel I have to talk about: the people here dress really nicely!! Despite it being June, the weather is quite cool, and so the majority wear either long skirts, pants, culottes (a term only introduced to me through one of the books I read in English) and capris. Since coming here, I've discovered new ways to wear cardigans as well as sandals. I can't help thinking I've lived such a sheltered, bland life when it comes to fashion. They also do their hair in really intricate braided hairstyles. I have so much respect.

Below is a huge dump of photos from my short time here so far. Many more to come!!
















Here with my best friend :~) (@rocket.emoji on instagram!)




Purikura is so fun and stressful at the same time! At the end of this trip, I'll post a photo of all the purikura we took :~)






Some things I bought at Tokyu Hands




That's all for now~ Stay tuned because there'll be a video diary of my adventures up too!
:-) 诗雅

No comments:

Post a Comment